The Playgoer: The Rise & Fall of Clear Channel

Custom Search

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Rise & Fall of Clear Channel

I realize I have been linking a lot lately to Michael Riedel, and I also realize he may be considered by theatre snobs as a somewhat lowbrow source. And, yes, I think his WNET "Theatre Talk" show is often empty blather (despite some occasionally surprising guests). But what can I say--good gossip cannot be underrated. Especially when it's as well sourced and clearly reported as Riedel's. And I'll take honest gossp any day over that which poses as journalism--and I dare say criticsm--in other more esteemed papers which shall remain nameless...
Anyway, read Riedel here about some interesting developments at Clear Channel, the corporate juggernaut who tried to take over Broadway, only to discover what a bad bet it is.

No comments: