The Playgoer: 1st NYTW Panel Tonight

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

1st NYTW Panel Tonight

Playgoer has actually been invited, personally, by Jim Nicola to attend tonight's panel. So I will be going.

I do appreciate the invitation and the gesture of reaching out. And I won't make any more judgements on the panel until I hear what is said.

If any out there in NYC are still interested in going, it's at 7:00pm at 79 East 4th Street.

Wednesday, April 19
Controversy in the Eye of the Beholder, Part I-Presenting Challenging Work Artists and leaders of cultural institutions discuss the tribulations and triumphs of presenting and producing work that provokes debate and/or controversy.
Participants: JoAnne Akalaitis (Director, Professor, Bard College), Bill T. Jones (Artistic Director, Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company, Choreographer, Dancer), Irene Lewis (Artistic Director, Center Stage, Baltimore), James Nicola (Artistic Director, NYTW), Ari Roth (Artistic Director, Theatre J, Washington, D.C.) Moderator: Jayme Koszyn (President/Founder, Jayme Koszyn Consulting)

Remember: "Tickets are $10, cash only. Artists, pay what you can."

I hope to be able to post at least some quick notes and summary when I get home tonight. So check in before bedtime!

No comments: