The Playgoer: Behold!

Custom Search

Monday, February 05, 2007

Behold!

Notice the complete visual overhaul of the site? Playgoer has switched to Blogger 2.0, or whatever Google is calling it.

Okay, no diff so far. Partially because I'm too stubborn to change anything that radically yet. And still very much a work in progress in the margins.

But perhaps this is a good occasion for me to solicit any free graphic design/website logistics advice any of you may have. I'm pretty nearly a complete illiterate when it comes to HTML, and would never have started the site if Blogger weren't so idiot proof. But I would definitely appreciate hearing anything the more tech savvy--and especially those familiar with the new Blogger--can recommend.

Just tell me in English, please!

UPDATE: Isaac's question in Comments raises a good point. Yes, I imagine the new Blogger has f'd up any RSS or similar feeds from the site. Very sorry. I hope all of you who do "subscribe" will take the steps to reprogram..... Also, apologies for the continued messiness up right. Blogger Beta don't like widgets, apparently.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I don't have anything to recommend off the top of my head, but if you have any questions about html or the new blogger, I might be able to help. One new feature I liked is that you can more easily customize the colors of your layout, if you so choose. I spent much too much time playing around with that.

Mark said...

Et tu, Playgoer?

Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Since you've asked.... While I like the fact that my postings go live immediately, along with any template changes I make, I don't like the fact that I have to go back into the "Edit HTML" mode every time I post a new item. There are some strange quirks in their system that make spacing between paragraphs appear different than I've intended. It's only when I go back to the "Edit HTML" that I'm able to clean it up.

DL said...

http://freeblogspottemplates.blogspot.com/

that site is kind of fun and super easy to use.
that's how i created mine ( with a little added tweaking...)

Playgoer said...

To my fellow bloggers--yes, the blogroll is missing for now, but will return new and improved. Apologies.

As I said, work in progress...

parabasis said...

Playgoer:

Your RSS feed is, for some reason, not working on my blog subscription site (bloglines). Do I need to resubscribe?