The Playgoer: REVIEW: Moliere's Don Juan

Custom Search

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

REVIEW: Moliere's Don Juan

"Yehuda Duenyas IS Don Juan!"

In today's Voice, my snapshot of Don Juan by way of Moliere, by way of "The National Theater of the United States of America."

No, we still don't have a real national theatre. You didn't miss anything. You can read about this Obie-winning group here. This was my first time with them, and I had fun. Curious to see more.

It was also nice to get out of Manhattan and explore another emerging theatre scene in Long Island City. The Chocolate Factory there has an interesting line up for the Spring, as well. Looks like they're out to become the St. Ann's Warehouse of Queens!

(And they're not to be confused with London's Menier Chocolate Factory--originators of the current Sunday in the Park with George.)

1 comment:

John Branch said...

I think I'll form a National Theater of Warren Street in Park Slope...