The Playgoer: REVIEW: Brick Film Fest

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

REVIEW: Brick Film Fest

I was happy the Voice wanted to devote enough space for me to review not one, but three shows at another of the Brick's quixotic summer festivals--this one is The Film Festival: A Theatre Festival.

Read all about it. I'm just sorry I wasn't able to see more shows there before they closed (like Ian Hill's staged "reconstruction" of Magnificent Ambersons), but the festival goes on till end of June, and all three titles I review have at least one more showing (or "doing," in the case of Suspicious Package: Interactive Noir) between now and then.

The other two I cover are the expressionist puppet tale Tod and I by the Piehole company, and Eric Bland's Death at Film Forum--which, unfortunately, is not about my attempt to get a seat for the latest Godard festival. But it's fun nonetheless.

No comments: