The Playgoer: The Blogosphere Up North

Custom Search

Monday, July 07, 2008

The Blogosphere Up North

New to the blogroll: J. Kelly Nestruck, critic for the Toronto Globe & Mail and formerly of the Guardian. "I'm eager to expand the presence of Canadian theatre on the Internet," he says in launching the site (an official Globe blog), to which I say, hear hear.

When the NYC presenters of the acclaimed Judith Thompson play Palace to the End recently complained in a widely circulated email/advertisement that the NY Times' failure to list the play in the weekend section was out of fear of its anti-war message, one of my fellow bloggers joked offline, "I actually think it's far more likely that it's because Thompson is Canadian." Certainly a more plausible theory.

And, yes, Nestruck tips the hat to me, so right back at you, sir.

No comments: